Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The End of Hot Chocolate Kind of Day

This was a hot chocolate kind of day.  DH made me a hot creamy cup of hot chocolate with 2 big marshmallows on top during the last cold snap.  It seemed like a nice thing to do, so I made him one today.  We often make hot chocolate when we are camping and for us..it is not so much the chocolate, but sharing it.  So...I am not sharing a recipe or recommending a brand.. but I am recommending sharing hot chocolate time with someone.  It is a good thing.



I was happy to see the sun this afternoon and was expecting a good picture opportunity over the
ice.  Koko and I walked up the hill to the woods and watched flock after flock of geese fly out.

The I looked to my left and saw this little ncst.  I have walked there many times, but did not see it until this afternoon when the sun was shining on the fluff the bird at woven in with grass. It made me think of spring.


Once again the sun is setting on a day.  These days are pretty good for me and I really don't want to waste them.  I am not sure what the future will bring and when I walk outside in the winter, I am thankful for all that I have.  Making slow things must be making me slow witted.




I am even liking winter just a little bit.  There are no mosquitos.  It is not hot.  The snowy landscape has it's own kind of ice beauty.  Imagine that.

No comments:

Post a Comment