Sunday, January 19, 2014

Slow food, slow walks, and slow accessorizing

Slow describes the pace of my life these days.  During the spring, summer and fall, I grow slow food.
During winter, fall, and spring.. I slowly make things.  Late fall and early winter, I was busy with my nest egg gourds.  They make beautiful Christmas ornaments. 



I made stripey ones, that I thought turned out quite well..and they even looked good on the tree.

On snowy days I am compelled to hole up under a blanket with yarn and knitting needles.

 
 I like these mitts...making several pair for the more technology oriented ladies in my family.

The pattern can be found on ravelry.com..

Who can survive snowy days in the outdoors without mittens.?  I have rediscovered my spinning wheel in recent months.  After spinning up some natural gray soft Shetland fiber into a 2 ply yarn, I went looking for a pattern I could use it in.  I dug out one of my old favorite books  and found this pattern.  Although they turned out to be a bit big..I am still quite pleased. 
They are soft and warm and pretty.  They will do quite well.

 
 
I have found another pattern that will transform my pretty homespun yarn into something warm and fuzzy.  It is in the same book and has a Norwegian twist to it. 
 
Now I want to make some more mitts...and I want to make another pair of mittens...and I want to make a pair of slippers...
My goodness!
It is also  time to start growing slow food again. 
I ordered some seeds, but I have a lot left from last year.   Soon I will have little green onions and I want to try sprouting some seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment