Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sour Cream Berry Pie Recipe

My creative juices were stifled again!
My rechargeable batteries didn't have enough charge.
I assembled the pie ingredients in a pleasing way.
But alas..when the batteries were taken from the charger
Full of energy?
They failed to juice up the camera.

However...I did some browsing and failed to find this amazing recipe anywhere.

It is so good, it is so easy..I just have to share.

Sour Cream Berry Pie

Filling:
2 1/2 C of berries, or fruit of choice. My favorite is a blueberry and black raspberry combo.
1 C of sugar
1 C of sour cream
3 oz. cream cheese
2-3 TBLSP Flour\

Combine sugar and flour. Add sour cream and cream cheese. Blend well. Put fruit in unbaked pie shell, pour filling over fruit. Top with crumb topping.

Topping
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup softened butter

Mix until crumb texture achieved, put on top of pie. Bake at 425 for 15 min, reduce heat to 350 for an additional 30 minutes, or until topping is browned. Baking time varies depending on type of fruit used.

I have always used fresh fruit in this recipe.

The recipe is in a Holmes-Wayne Electric Co-operative Member Cookbook.
I love those recipes.
They are usually tried and true.

1 comment: