Monday, May 17, 2010

June Project


I have a collection of old magazines and found this delightful crochet project in one of them this morning. June is almost here and these strawberries would be fun to make. I especially love the little box. Instructions are included in the article for each article pictured, but I really just like the strawberries.
The materials needed are crochet cotton in Forest Green and Red plus a No. 8 crochet hook and small white beads.

Also in the same magazine was a great little poem written by "Anonymous" and submitted by a long ago reader.







A LIVING FAITH


I've dreamed many dreams that never came true,
I've seem them vanish at dawn,
But I have realized enough of my dreams, thank God
To make me want to dream on.

I have prayed many prayers when no answer came
Though I waited patient and long,
But answers have come to enough of my prayers,
To make me keep praying on.

I've trusted many a friend that failed
And left me to weep alone;
But I've found enough of my friends true- blue
To keep me trusting on.

I've sown many a seed that fell by the way,
For birds to feed upon
But I've held enough golden sheaves in my hands
To make me keep sowing on.

I've drained the cup of disappointment and pain
And gone many days without song,
But I've sipped enough nectar from the roses of life
To make me want to live on.

This is for all the gardeners out there who still save and sow seeds.

Hopefully I will have enough time to try the strawberries and patience to share the pattern in another post.

I was just weeding in the strawberry patch yesterday--and yes there are lots of green strawberries and sunny days coming to make them ripen.

No comments:

Post a Comment